Saturday, November 03, 2012

Following Wordpress blogs

Ronnie just commented about following Wordpress blogs in Blogger and I'm hoping the following information will help - I've been following Dinahmow's blog "More Idle Thoughts" in Wordpress for a few years now, and all I did was add her to my reading list on Blogger.  The main reason I've moved off Blogger is that earlier this year Google decided not to support the version of IE that we use, which made posting to my Blogger blogs very hard indeed.  Although upgrading to Windows 8 has definitely improved the situation there are many things about the new Blogger interface that really annoy me and blogging on Blogger just isn't as much fun for me as it used to be. 

From what I can see, though, following a Wordpress blog from the new Blogger interface should be fairly easy: when I log into Blogger I see a "My Blogs" section first which lists the blogs on which I am an author.  Underneath is a section called "Reading List" which you can expand to show the blogs you follow.  If you click on "Add" (button just below "Reading List")  you are prompted to add the URL of the blog you wish to follow.

If you have problems, let me know and I'll do some more research!

2 comments:

ronnie said...

yay! it works! you've revolutionised my life sara! (I feel like such a dunderhead that this approach never occurred to me... for years I've been trying to find a 'follow' button or a rss feed thingy on the blog site - I never thought about the 'add' button in blogger *face palm)

Vicki said...

I have been following quite a few wordpress blogs for several years from my blogger dashboard and have no problem...I also read them via google reader with out any issue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin